The main functions of the dean's office
The main functions of the dean's office of the faculty and its employees are:
- Organization of administrative support of the educational and methodical process
- Control of teachers and implementation of schedules of the educational process
- Accounting for student performance based on the results of current and final control, control over students 'compliance with the discipline and the completion of students' classes
- Organization of career guidance work with students and graduates of the faculty
- Record keeping and document management at the faculty
- Issuance of necessary certificates to students
- Providing the EDEBO Relations Department with materials for ordering student tickets, test books, documents on higher education, diploma supplements
- Organization of scientific work of departments and other departments of the faculty
- Interaction with the selection committee for enrollment of applicants for higher education.
- Preparation of draft orders on enrollment, expulsion and transfer of students of the faculty to the next courses, materials for the state certification of graduates of the faculty
- Organization and holding of credit-examination sessions, state attestations of students, preparation for STEP-1, STEP-2
- Implementation of individual and educational work with students, holding meetings and elders
- Control over the timeliness of payment for tuition
- Organization and control of training and production practice
- Carrying out of cultural and mass work with students
The faculty has created conditions for research work, there are student research groups, students participate in scientific conferences, competitions, which take place at our university and other universities in Ukraine. Interesting and multifaceted student life is organically complemented by the activities of art groups and sports sections.
History of the faculty
The Faculty of Dentistry was founded in 1993. The founder and organizer was Ph.D., Assoc. Sakson Myron Lvovich, who worked at the Department of Surgical Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery. Over the next 20 years, the faculty was headed by: Mirza OI, Molozhanov IO, Trubka IO, Vitkovskaya SV, Chernikov IV, Pechkovskaya IM, Azarov OV From 2017 to the present, the faculty is headed by Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor Iryna Mykolayivna Tymchenko.
The Faculty of Dentistry unites four profile departments:
- orthopedic dentistry;
- surgical dentistry and maxillofacial surgery;
- therapeutic dentistry;
- pediatric therapeutic dentistry
There are 78 employees at 4 departments of the faculty. Of these, 9 doctors of sciences, 22 candidates of sciences and 17 associate professors.
The Department of Surgical Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery was established in 1992. From 1992 to 1998 the head of the department was Mykola Lvovych, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor. From 1998 to the present, the department is headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, Professor Alexei Timofeev.
The Department of Orthopedic Dentistry was established in 1994. From 1994 to 2005 the department was headed by Professor OI Mirza. Well-known teachers and clinicians - associate professors VI Pinchuk, GI Lyutik, AM Zvolinskaya worked at the department at that time. From 2005 to 2007 the department was headed by VI Bida. From 2007 to present, the department is headed by Doroshenko Svitlana Ivanivna, MD, Professor, Academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Higher School of Ukraine and Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The Department of Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry was established in 2009. The first head of the department was Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor Molozhanov Igor Alekseevich, 3 In 2012, the department is currently headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Yakubova Inessa Igorevna.
The Department of Therapeutic Dentistry was founded in 1995. Until 2008, the department was headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Alexei Ivanovich Marchenko. In 2008-2016 the position of the head of the department of therapeutic dentistry was held by Dr. med. Ph.D., Professor Antonina Mykhailivna Politun. Since 2018, the department is headed by Kopchak Oksana Viktorivna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor.
In 2015, on the basis of the dental faculty of Kyiv Medical University, the UNIVERSITY StomatCenter was established. In 2015, StomatCenter became part of a UNDP project aimed at creating jobs for temporarily displaced persons.
Over the years of its existence, the dental faculty of Kyiv Medical University has trained about 2,000 dentists. Today, 584 domestic and 134 foreign students study at the faculty.