Areas of research work of the department are: "Clinical and instrumental features of comorbid pathology of internal organs, their correction and prognosis."
During the existence of the department more than 650 scientific papers have been published and a large number of reports have been prepared at forums of various levels, in which the staff of the department regularly participates annually, in particular:
- at the XII annual meeting of the Ukrainian Society of Atherosclerosis "Latest advances in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease" (21.11.18, Kyiv),
- at the annual National Medical Congress with international participation "Man and Medicine",
- in international forums on heart failure,
- in scientific forums with international participation of the Ukrainian Association of Folk Medicine of Ukraine, in particular - in a scientific event with international participation "Modern theoretical and practical aspects in solving the sequence of implementation of the" Strategy for Folk and Alternative Medicine "in primary health care" (26.10.18, Kyiv),
- at the XIX National Congress of Cardiologists of Ukraine (September 26-28, 18, Kyiv),
- in a scientific-practical conference with international participation "Current issues of psychiatric care in Ukraine and the world. Personality-oriented psychotherapy "(October 20, 2017, Kyiv),
-in the XIV International Scientific Conference dedicated to the memory of the founder and head of the Higher Education Institution "CMU UANM" Pokanevych Valery Vladimirovich "Latest factors in shaping the personality of future health care professionals" (March 23, 2016, Kyiv),
- in annual scientific and practical conferences with international participation dedicated to World Kidney Day,
- in All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conferences, on issues of civil protection and safety of life,
- in All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conferences on the humanitarian dimensions of the transformation of modern higher medical education in Ukraine,
- also, the sphere of professional interest of the department staff is the issue of orphan metabolic pathology - one of the scientific events on this issue - a scientific-practical conference with international participation "Problems of hereditary and multifactorial pathology. Orphan metabolic diseases "(to the 100th anniversary of the founding of NMAPE named after PL Shupyk) (April 20, 18, Kyiv)
History of the department
The Department of Internal and Occupational Diseases is one of the therapeutic departments of higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine. Founded in 1992. During the 26-year history of the department it was headed by famous doctors and scientists: from 1992 to 1994 - Prof., MD. Lyzogub VG, from 1994 to 2001 - Prof., MD. Nazar PS, author of more than 280 published scientific papers, from 2002 to 2015 - Prof., MD. Shepherd TI, each of which has left a bright mark in the history of the department and we are rightly proud of them. Thanks to these scientists, the latest achievements of world medicine of their time were constantly introduced into the teaching at the department and publishing activity was and is conducted. Among the published number of textbooks and guidelines we can highlight the following:
1. Textbook for interns - PS Nazar "The most common diseases of the internal organs" (from the standpoint of clinical physiology) Lecture course. - К .: 2012.
2. Textbook with the stamp of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine №1 / 11-13012 dated 13.08.2014 - Nazar PS, Kotko DM, Shevchenko OO, Chaban TI "Age features of motor activity". - К .: 2016.
3. Textbook with the stamp of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine - Nazar PS, Shevchenko OO "Applied immunology". - K .: Society "Steel Publishing House", - 2013 - 626 p.
From 2015 to present, the head of the department is Batushkin Valery Vladimirovich, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Editor-in-Chief of the international scientific-practical journal "Cardiology: from science to practice", author of more than 280 publications, including international scientific publications (Circulation "(USA)," The New England Journal of Medicine "(USA), etc.), and 8 patents, a member of the specialized Academic Council of NMAPE named after PL Shupyk (specialty" cardiology "," medical rehabilitation, physiotherapy and balneology " , Medical Biological Informatics and Cybernetics). Today, the Department of Internal and Occupational Diseases is a close-knit team of research doctors, like-minded people who strive for continuous improvement of medical knowledge, the introduction of new methods of diagnosis and treatment of various diseases of internal organs.