The department teaches the following disciplines: care for sick children 2nd year medical students and English-speaking students of the faculty to work with foreign students, nursing 3rd year medical students and English-speaking students of the faculty to work with foreign students, propaedeutics of pediatrics and 3rd year medical students students of the faculty for work with foreign students, pediatrics for students of 4-6 courses of medical faculty and English-speaking students of the faculty for work with foreign students, pediatric infectious diseases for students of 5-6 courses of medical faculty and English-speaking students of the faculty for work with foreign students, pediatrics for 4th year students of the Faculty of Dentistry and English-speaking students of the Faculty of Work with Foreign Students, as well as postgraduate studies in the course of pediatrics in internship, master's degree and clinical residency.
The material and technical equipment of the department meets the standards and requirements for the departments of higher educational medical institutions of III-IV levels of accreditation.
The direction of scientific work of the department is: features of the combined course of chronic gastroduodenitis and primary arterial hypertension in children.
During the existence of the department more than 500 works, a reference book, 10 methodical recommendations for students have been published, 8 master's theses have been defended, a candidate's dissertation and a doctoral dissertation have been completed. Employees of the department take part in conferences and congresses of different levels:
1. "Correction of Vitamin D Deficiency in Patients with Musculoskeletal Diseases" "Vitamin D: minimum, maximum, optimum", Warsaw (Poland), September 21-22, 2017.
2. "Long-term consequences of vitamin D deficiency in the early neonatal period of the child" and "Peculiarities of interpretation of densitometry results in children", International scientific-practical conference "DISEASES OF THE musculoskeletal system and age", November 2017, Odessa, 2-3 p.
3. "Vitamin D deficiency at an early age and its consequences", International Ukrainian-Belarusian Conference "Vitamin D Deficiency and Insufficiency in Clinical Practice" (October 20-21, 2017)
4. "Vitamin D and skin diseases" XI Congress with international participation "MAN and MEDICINE - Ukraine", March 28-29, 2018
5. "Diagnosis and treatment of systemic osteoporosis in children", III International Symposium on DISEASES OF THE musculoskeletal system and age, dedicated to the 60th anniversary of the State Institution "Institute of Gerontology named after DF Berezanyov Ukraine 12-14.
6. "The state of bone tissue in children with autoimmune hepatitis", "CURRENT ISSUES OF CHILDREN'S HEPATOLOGY", Kyiv, May 17-18, 2018.
7. "Imperfect osteogenesis: modern principles of diagnosis and treatment" "WEST MEETS EAST: PEDIATRIC PRACTICE IN THE PUBLIC HEALTH SYSTEM", Ternopil, May 30, 2018.
8. "VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN SCHOOL-AGE CHILDREN" XVII CONGRESS OF THE WORLD FEDERATION OF UKRAINIAN MEDICAL SOCIETIES, Ternopil, September 20-22, 2018
9. "Osteoporosis: diagnosis and treatment", "RISE OF BUTTERFLIES 2018" (Third Annual Meeting of Families of Patients with Bullous Epidermolysis), Kyiv, April 27-28, 2018.
10. "Influence of undernutrition on bone mineral density in patients with epidermolysis bullosa", WCO-IOF-ESCEO World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases, Krakow (Poland), 19 - 22 April, 2018.
The department conducts medical work in medical institutions of the city. The main bases of the department are DKL №5, DKL №8, Kyiv maternity hospital №3, private clinic Doctor Sam, where medical and counseling services are provided to children annually.
History of the department
The Department of Pediatrics was established in 1994, headed by Moshchych Petro Stepanovych - Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and UAOI, New York Academy of Sciences, winner of the State Prize of Ukraine, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, St. Vladimir and Yaroslav the Wise, honorary titles of European institutions, UANM Institute. Later the department was headed by: Marushko Yuriy Volodymyrovych, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor (2005-2008). From 2009 to 2012 the department was headed by Pisotska Stalina Artemivna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor. From 2014 to 2015, the department was headed by Platonova Elena Mikhailovna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor The next head of the department was Samarin Dmitry Viktorovich, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor.
Currently, the department is headed by Zaslavska Anna Alexandrovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor.
Currently, the department has 2 doctors of medical sciences, 4 candidates of medical sciences, 9 assistants. The department conducts various events with students to improve the level of knowledge and consolidate the material, including business clinical games, brain-ring, conducts cognitive and interesting lectures for children in schools with the participation of senior students.