The following disciplines are taught at the department:
- Orthopedics and traumatology
Since 2014, interns have been trained in the following specialties: "Ophthalmology", "Otorhinolaryngology", "Oncology", "Orthopedics and Traumatology", "Neurosurgery".
Employees of the department have developed a complete set of multilingual methodological developments, published several manuals for students and teachers.
The research interests of the staff of the department include the development and implementation of new methods of diagnosis and treatment of diseases in the field of teaching, research and scientific work.
Two doctoral and two candidate works in ophthalmology and neurosurgery have been defended at the department.
An established edition of the international scientific-practical journal "Ophthalmology" (included in the list of professional publications of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine).
Work is underway to organize scientific conferences with educational courses for students, interns and young professionals with the participation of leading experts in Europe and the United States.
The staff of the department constantly provides medical-diagnostic and consultative assistance to patients of the clinical bases of the department:
• Kyiv City Ophthalmological Center (Ophthalmology) KMKL № 1
• Kyiv City Oncology Center (oncology)
• SI "Institute of Otolaryngology. prof. O.S. Kolomiychenko National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine "(otorhinolaryngology)
• SI "Institute of Neurosurgery. acad. A.P. Romodanov National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine "(neurosurgery)
• Elijah Clinical Hospital (orthopedics)
History of the department
The Department of Surgical Diseases №2 was established in 2015 in order to organize research and provide teaching to students of the University 5 disciplines: ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In accordance with the tasks of the department, its teaching staff was formed.